Directions for Grant Application
1. Fill out Grant Application form below to receive Principal approval of proposed project.
2. Howell Education will then determine if application is approved and will notify you.
3. Upon approval, submit grant invoices with the HEF grant number to Howell Public Schools for reimbursement.
4. Upon the completion of the project, fill out the enclosed Grant Evaluation Form and return it to HEF. Consideration for future grants is dependent upon submission of a completed evaluation form.
Any employed by HPS personnel are eligible to apply for grants, as long as direct impact on students can be demonstrated. Previous HEF grant recipients must have submitted a Grant Evaluation Form in order to be considered for future grants.
Grants are awarded for the purpose of supporting K-12 curriculum enrichment. They are intended to meet student needs and increase motivation to learn, as well as stimulate creativity in the classroom. Grants may include project-related supplies or equipment, workshop fees, and/or resource materials. Grant awards are intended to be used as seed money to fund new programs and projects rather than previously funded projects.
Scope and Requirements
Grant awards are based on the merits of the proposed project, the demonstrated needs of the project and the funds available. An award may cover only a portion of the entire project cost. A detailed budget is essential for projected costs, describing how the entire budget will be spent.
All expenditures for equipment or supplies must be consistent with the description outlined in the application. Changes to the project must be approved by the Grant Committee before expenses will be reimbursed. All materials and equipment purchased with HEF funds become the property of the Howell Public Schools and must be identified accordingly.
All applications require a Principal’s signature to ensure the alignment of project with District curriculum goals.
Projects must be completed within the current school year of funding approval unless the Grant Chair and HEF President have approved other arrangements.
Grants are not intended to pay for college or graduate school courses, or programs for which funds are otherwise available, nor should they be used to purchase materials, such as core curriculum text and standard school supplies, which should be covered in the school’s operational budget.
The following criteria will be used to review grant applications:
• Number of students benefiting from project
• Originality of the project
• Impact on colleagues – sharing skills and ideas
• Clarity of the goals and objectives
• Alignment with Howell’s K-12 adopted curriculum and Professional Development Plan
• Accountability for funds as detailed in budget request
• Evaluation plan